Getting into the realm of Essential Oils can be overwhelming! There are oils, oils, everywhere. I began with the Premium Starter Kit (PSK). Yes, it’s with Young Living and I believe like any product everyone has their own opinions and this one was the best choice for me since they have the Seed to Seal Standard. The Seed to Seal is Young Living’s process of producing quality essential oils based on Sourcing, Science, and Standard. This is a big deal since the United States and the world does not have a standard or regulated process for producing oils. Shop for your own kit here.
The PSK has 11 oils and a Diffusser for $160.00 along with other items listed below. I decided that I would receive my oils and use it as often as I could. This is my experience using the oils in 7 Days. You can use your oils Topically, Aromatically by Diffusing, Internally by ingesting Oily infused food or in your drink, and other ways such as, cleaning or DIY’s.
- Premium Essential Oils Collection;
- Lavender 5-ml
- Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
- Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
- Copaiba Vitality™ 5-ml
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml
- Purification® 5-ml
- R.C.™ 5-ml
- DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
- PanAway® 5-ml
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- 10 Sample Packets
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oil Magazine
- Essential Edge
- Member Resources
Day 1: Diffuse the oils. I diffused single oils and as time went on I would mix oils to diffuse. Daring, right?! As I diffused the single oils, I judged the scent and how I felt.
- Lavender was so calming and relaxing. It was great to use after a long day at work.
- Peppermint Vitality™ was great for wanting to put a pep in my step!
- Lemon Vitality™ has a citrus, lemon-drop scent as it contains limonene. How can you go wrong with this choice.
- Frankincense reminded me of masses at Catholic Church with the woodsy scent. It’s very calming, and great for meditations.
- Thieves® Vitality™ smelled of cinnamon and gave me a warm feeling of the Fall Season. It contains Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils.
- Purification® diffused by itself had a clean aroma and smelled like Ginger. This oil was by far my husband’s favorite! It’s also known as an air purifier containing six oils Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree.
- R.C.™ has a slight Vicks Vapor Rub scent to it. Vicks active ingredients are Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic), Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant), and Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic). R.C. contains Spruce, Cypress, and three types of Eucalyptus oils (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora). Now who wouldn’t choose R.C. over the synthetic stuff!
- DiGize™ Vitality™ was never diffused, because it smells terrible to me. It contains Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Lemongrass, Anise, Fennel, and Patchouli oils. Fennel oil is a smell that you have to get acquired to. Maybe with time I might be able to diffuse this and enjoy it.
If you follow me on Instagram I tend to post pictures, before I write about them in my blog.
Day 2: Mixing the oils to Diffuse. I wasn’t so daring in this department, because I think I’m afraid of what mix I would get. My favorites to mix are Lavender and Lemon or Peppermint and Lemon. Most things smell so good with Lemon! Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite diffusing combo.
Day 3: Topically applying my oils! The first one I applied was Stress Away on my commute to work. My commute is usually an hour depending on traffic or if people decide to play bumper cars on the highway it can be 1-1/2 to 2hrs. After applying Stress Away, I was literally driving the speed limit. Not 5 mph over or 5 mph under, but at the speed limit. Usually, Colorado drivers don’t use their blinker, which irks the heck out of me, but I kept my cool. The problem with using Stress Away is I was driving the speed limit and was almost late for work!
Day 4: Topically apply another oil and Diffuse. I diffused Lavender after a long day of work and attending my workout class, TRX! For those of you that don’t know TRX, it’s a workout routine using bands that are suspended on the ceiling to allow you to suspend in the air to improve balance, flexibility, strength, and core stability. It’s a workout routine originated by the Navy Seals. So, you can imagine how my muscles were feeling. I diffused Lavender and also made a bath with Epsom Salt and Lavender.
Day 5: Use it to clean and ingest. Doing laundry I use Lavender with Wool Balls as a substitute to the chemically filled Dryer Sheets. The Wool Ball set was a present from Christmas (thanks, Jennie and Mohan)! If you don’t know the toxicity of Dryer Sheets, check out this CBS article.
While I waited for my clothes to dry, I made myself a lemon drop water. Literally, I used one drop of Lemon Vitality in my 8 oz glass of water. The use of lemon essential oil taste different than the pulp of a lemon. The reason is because limonene is more present in the rind of the lemon that is used for extraction for lemon essential oil. It still tastes great, too. Limonine makes it a great cleansing agent and full of antioxidants.
I also put a two drops of Purification in my shoes to cleanse the sweet smell of hardwork. It really worked by eliminating the stench!
Day 6: Share your oils with someone that might benefit. I shared mine with my Mom. She works in a Kitchen and gets burnt from cooking. Lavender is a great topical oil to relieve and heal burns. Another person I shared my oils with is my Boss. She was playing Tennis over the weekend and strained her shoulder from intense serving practice. I shared Panaway and Copaiba and she applied both oils directly and swears her sore muscles were relieved after applying it on for two days everytime she felt the effects ware off.
- Copaiba Vitality™ comes from the Brazilian Copaifera reticulata tree and contains beta-caryophyllene. This means it is anti-inflammatory.
- PanAway® has a scent of Bengay® due to the Wintergreen oil (Gaultheria procumbens). It also contains Helichrysum italicum flower oil, Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) bud oil, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil. This is the only oil in the PSK that shouldn’t be used if you are pregnant, because it contains wintergreen and it has Methyl salicylate which is toxic to baby according to the National Association for Hollistic Health.
Day 7: Use the oils again and again. At this point, I read a bunch of articles on the benefits of oils and I’m hooked. I want to buy more products and research more about essential oils. I went to the Young Living Website and decide the best way for me to enjoy every ounce of goodness is to try each Starter Kit. There is the Premium Starter Kit with the Diffuser that I just talked about, the Premium Starter Kit with NingXia (Healthy Drinks), and the Premium Starter Kit with Thieves (Cleaning items).
Shop for your own kit here. Comment below on how you use oils and what’s your favorite blend to diffuse.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Consult a physician before starting any weight-management or exercise program